Thursday, January 23, 2014

Study, Study, Study

I haven't written in a while, because I have been so busy studying. I once heard that language school is like a fire hose of information coming at you all the time. This is so true, and I often feel like I'm drowning in all the verb conjugations and articles. Learning French is taking all my waking moments and some of "supposed to be sleeping" moments. But God is meeting me every day. I cry out to Him many times a day and He is there for me. All of sudden some piece of information I was struggling with just "clicks". Other times, a friend will encourage me. The bible encourages me daily. Letters and cards and videos and pictures from home really encourage me. Just yesterday, I came back to my room after class, again feeling overwhelmed. I decided to go for a long walk to clear my head. On the way to walk I stopped by my mailbox and had a card from a bible study friend. It was the cutest card I've ever seen with a sheep on the front that said "I'm thinking of you today in your current surroundings", then you turn the page, and the little sheep is in a big pair of hands and it says "Jesus' Hands! It is a good place to be! Then off to the side she shared a quote she had heard on the radio. It said "The wisdom of the Shepherd is not dependent on the I.Q. of the sheep"! Amen to that! I'm glad He's got me in His hands, and I'm glad that the success of language learning is not on my I.Q. or I'd be in big trouble. John 10:27 says "My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow me... no one can snatch them out of My hand." I am listening Lord! I am overwhelmed with thankfulness and love for You! Please keep praying for my brain to retain, and my physical and emotional strength. Miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment